I almost didn’t post this photo.
Not because I don’t love it. I do.
But because for years, I would’ve looked at it and immediately started picking it apart.
"My arms are too big." "Is red too much?" "Should I have worn black instead?"
Today, I’m posting it anyway.
Because if I keep waiting to feel "ready" to take up space, I’ll be waiting forever.
This is me, on a rooftop at golden hour. City skyline behind me. Sky painted in orange, pink, and purple. Wearing red from head to toe. Velvet top, tailored trousers, platinum curls in the wind. One hand on my hip. Looking straight at the camera.
Not asking for permission. Just existing.
If you’ve ever felt like you had to be smaller, quieter, or "less" — this post is for you.
### 1. The Power of Red: Wearing Confidence Out Loud
Red is not a neutral.
It doesn’t whisper. It speaks.
I chose this outfit on purpose. Deep red velvet cowl neck top with high-waist tailored trousers in the same shade. Monochrome red. Head to toe.
Why? Because I was tired of blending in.
Tired of beige, black, and "safe."
I wanted to feel powerful.
Color psychology 101*: Red is tied to courage, passion, energy, and visibility. It literally increases your heart rate. When you wear red, people notice you. And more importantly, _you_ notice you.
The outfit details:
Top: Velvet cowl neck. The fabric catches the sunset light and glows. It’s soft but structured. Feminine but strong.
Bottom: High-waist tailored pants. They lengthen the legs and make you stand taller. The pockets are real, because women deserve pockets.
Accessory: Just a delicate gold "A" necklace. When the outfit is this bold, less is more.
Rule I’m living by now: If it makes you feel like the main character, wear it. Even if you’re just going to the grocery store.
### 2. Golden Hour On A Rooftop: My Favorite Kind of Therapy
Look at that background. That’s not AI. That’s not a filter.
That’s 6:45pm on a rooftop, right as the city starts to light up.
There’s a reason people call it "golden hour." The light is softer. The shadows are kinder. Everything looks a little more cinematic.
Standing there, I had two thoughts at once:
1. "The city is so big. I’m so small."
2. "The city is so big. And I’m part of it."
Both can be true.
Cities at sunset remind you that everything is in transition. The day is ending. The night is starting. Lights are turning on in windows. People are going home, or going out.
And you get to decide which one you are.
I decided I was the girl who shows up.
### 3. Platinum Curls 101: The Truth About Big Blonde Hair
My hair in this photo is a statement on its own. Big, platinum blonde, natural curls.
I get asked about it constantly: "Is it a wig?" "How do you keep it healthy?" "Isn’t bleach damaging?"
Short answer: Yes, bleach is damaging. Long answer: It’s worth it to me, because this is how I feel most like myself.
My real curl care routine:
1. Wash: 1x a week with sulfate-free shampoo. Purple shampoo only on roots, 1x every 2 weeks.
2. Condition: Deep condition with heat cap every wash. This is non-negotiable.
3. Style: Leave-in, curl cream, mousse. Scrunch, don’t brush. Ever.
4. Dry: 80% air dry, 20% diffuse on low.
5. Protect: Satin bonnet every single night. Protein treatment 1x a month.
The wind in this photo could’ve ruined it. But day 2-3 curls actually hold better. The key is product and not touching it.
More importantly: I stopped trying to make my curls smaller to make other people comfortable. Big hair, big life.
### 4. Body Neutrality: Learning To Stand Like This
Let’s talk about the pose, because it matters.
Hand on hip. Shoulders back. Looking at the camera.
Five years ago, I would’ve been hiding. Arms crossed. Looking down. Trying to disappear.
I learned to do that. To take up less space. To apologize for existing.
Unlearning it has been work.
Body neutrality helped. The idea that I don’t have to LOVE my body every day. But I do have to respect it. This body carries me. This body lets me stand on rooftops and feel the sunset. This body deserves clothes that fit it _today_, not the "goal" body.
The red pants fit me now. The top fits me now.
I’m not waiting to live in my body until it’s different.
### 5. How To Take A Bold Photo Without Feeling Cringe
If you want to try a photo like this, here’s what actually helped me:
Step 1: Location
Find somewhere with a view. Rooftop, hill, parking garage. Golden hour is 30 min before sunset. Check your weather app.
Step 2: The Outfit
Pick one bold thing. For me it was red. For you it could be a color, a texture, a silhouette.
Step 3: The Mindset
Before the first photo, I said 3 things out loud:
"I am allowed to be seen."
"This is my moment too."
"I don’t need to be perfect to be worthy."
Step 4: The Shot
Timer. 10 photos. Keep 1. Don’t overthink it. The goal isn’t perfection. The goal is proof that you were here.
### 6. Red From Head-Toe: Style Tips Anyone Can Use
Monochrome looks expensive, but it doesn’t have to be.
How to pull off all-red:
1. Mix textures: Velvet top + crepe pants + satin bag. Same color, different fabrics.
2. Play with shades: This is a deep, cool red. You could do bright red + burgundy.
3. Balance with neutrals: If all-red feels like too much, add nude heels or a tan coat.
4. Gold jewelry: It warms up red like nothing else.
You can find this look at Zara, H&M, or even thrift stores. The confidence is what makes it expensive.
### 7. 5 Reminders For The Days You Feel Invisible
I still have those days. Where I feel like background.
On those days I come back to this:
1. "Your presence is not too much."
2. "Someone needs to see someone who looks like you."
3. "You don’t have to earn the right to be here."
4. "Joy is a good enough reason to dress up."
5. "The world is better with you in it."
Write them down. Put them on your mirror.
### Final Thoughts: This Is Your Sunset Too
The sun sets every day.
The city lights will turn on with or without you.
But you only get _this_ version of you, _right now_.
So wear the red.
Take the photo.
Stand on the rooftop.
Post it or don’t. But don’t delete yourself.
I’m not sharing this because I think I look perfect. I’m sharing it because I want the girl I was 3 years ago to know: it gets better. You stop shrinking. You start choosing yourself.
To the girl who’s been waiting for "the right time": it’s now.
To the girl who thinks she’s too loud, too big, too visible: you’re just enough.
What’s one bold thing you’re going to do this week? Comment below. I’m reading and cheering for you ❤️
---
Outfit Details:
Top: Deep red velvet cowl neck sleeveless top
Bottom: High-waist red tailored trousers
Accessory: Delicate gold initial "A" necklace
Hair: Platinum blonde natural curls
Location: Rooftop at sunset, city skyline
A 1000-word blog post about self-confidence, wearing red, rooftop fashion, platinum curly hair care, and learning to take up space. Real talk on body neutrality and golden hour photos.
#SelfConfidence #RedOutfit #RooftopFashion #CurlyHairCare #BodyNeutrality #GoldenHour #PlatinumBlonde #CitySkyline #VelvetStyle #MainCharacterEnergy

No comments:
Post a Comment