I almost didn’t post this photo.
Not because I don’t like it. But because for years, I would’ve looked at it and only seen what was "wrong."
"My arms look big." "My stomach shows." "Is the top too tight?"
Today I’m posting it anyway.
Baby blue off-the-shoulder top. White denim shorts. Big platinum curls. Sitting on my bed in natural morning light. No edits besides brightness.
Just me. Soft, real, and unapologetically here.
If you’ve ever struggled with taking up space, with wearing colors that feel "too bright," or with loving your reflection — pull up a chair. Let’s talk.
### 1. The Power of Baby Blue: Calm in a Loud World
I didn’t plan this outfit. I opened my closet, saw this sheer off-the-shoulder top, and thought "today feels like a baby blue day."
Baby blue isn’t loud. It’s not red. It’s not trying to prove anything.
In color psychology, baby blue is tied to peace, clarity, trust, and healing. It’s the color of clear skies and quiet mornings.
After a year of anxiety, burnout, and trying to be "on" all the time, I realized I’m craving softness.
Soft colors. Soft fabrics. Soft words to myself.
This top is sheer chiffon with elastic at the top so it sits off the shoulder. The sleeves are flowy. It’s cropped but not tight. It feels like wearing a deep breath.
Paired with high-waist white denim shorts, it’s the perfect "I’m comfy but I tried" outfit.
Style tip: Baby blue goes with everything, but it hits different with white, denim, and gold jewelry. The little "A" necklace is the only accessory I need.
### 2. Platinum Curls 101: What No One Tells You
My hair in this photo is big, blonde, and curly. And people always ask: "Is it a wig?" "How do you get it so blonde?" "How do you keep it healthy?"
Short answer: It’s my real hair. Long answer: It’s a lot of work.
I’ve been platinum for 3 years. Here’s my honest routine:
Wash Day - 1x a week
1. Pre-shampoo oil: Jojoba or castor oil on the ends 30 min before.
2. Purple shampoo: Only on the roots, 1x every 2 weeks. Too much = dry.
3. Deep conditioner: 20 minutes with heat cap. This is non-negotiable.
Styling
1. Leave-in + curl cream*: Scrunch in while soaking wet.
2. No brushing: Ever. Fingers only.
3. Diffuse or air dry: Low heat. Touching = frizz.
Maintenance
1. Trim every 3 months: Bleach is damaging. Trims save length.
2. Satin bonnet every night: No excuses.
3. Protein treatment 1x a month: To prevent breakage.
The biggest lesson? Stop trying to make your curls look like someone else’s. Some days they’re tight. Some days they’re a cloud. Both are beautiful.
### 3. Off-The-Shoulder & Owning Your Body, Today
Let’s talk about the top, because it shows shoulders. And stomach. And skin.
There was a time I would’ve layered a cardigan over this. Or only worn it at home with the lights off.
I thought confidence meant waiting until I felt "ready."
What changed? I got tired of waiting.
Body neutrality helped me. The idea that I don’t have to LOVE my body every day to RESPECT it.
This body carries me. It hugs my friends. It lets me dance in my kitchen. It deserves clothes that fit it _right now_.
The high-waist white shorts show a little skin. That used to terrify me. Now it feels like freedom.
If you’ve been waiting to wear shorts, or crop tops, or off-the-shoulder — this is your sign. The world isn’t as scary as your head tells you it is.
### 4. The Art of the Bedroom Selfie
This was taken on my bed. Natural light from the window. Phone in my hand. No ring light, no photographer.
I get DMs asking "how do you take good selfies at home?" So here’s my exact formula:
Lighting: Morning, 9am-11am. Face the window. Turn off overhead lights.
*Background*: It’s okay if it’s not perfect. I have a TV, shelves, and a door in this shot. Real life is fine.
Angle: Slightly above eye level. Chin down, eyes up.
Expression: I stopped forcing big smiles. Neutral face + gloss = my go-to.
Rule: Take 10 photos. Keep 1. Delete the rest and don’t overthink it.
Your space doesn’t have to be aesthetic. It has to feel like you.
### 5. Unlearning "Not Good Enough"
This is the part I don’t usually say out loud.
For most of my life, I thought I had to earn the right to be seen.
Earn it by being smaller. By being quieter. By being more "perfect."
Social media made it worse. Filters. Angles. "Glow ups."
I started believing there was a "better" version of me coming, and I should wait to live until she got here.
But she’s not coming. Because I’m already here.
This photo isn’t perfect. You can see my shelves are messy. My hair has frizz. The top wrinkles a little.
And I’m posting it anyway. Because perfection is boring. Real is what connects us.
### 6. 5 Soft Habits I’m Trying This Month
If you’re also trying to be softer with yourself, try these with me:
1. The 10-Minute Mirror Rule*: Look at yourself for 10 minutes without picking anything apart. Just observe.
2. Wear One "Happy" Color a Week: For me it’s baby blue. For you maybe it’s yellow or pink.
3. Compliment One Thing Daily: Not your body. Your laugh. Your kindness. Your curls.
4. Delete One Old Draft*: That photo, that caption, that idea you’ve been sitting on. Post it or let it go.
5. Move Your Body For Joy*: Not for calories. Dance. Stretch. Walk.
### 7. How To Style This Look For Less
People always ask where things are from. Here’s how to recreate this vibe on a budget:
The Top: Look for "off shoulder chiffon crop top" on Shein, H&M, or thrift stores. $10-$25.
The Shorts: High-waist white denim. Levi’s, American Eagle, or secondhand. $20-$40.
The Necklace: Any gold initial necklace on Amazon or Etsy. $12.
The Vibe: Free. It’s in how you wear it.
You don’t need expensive clothes to feel good. You need clothes that feel like _you_.
### Final Thoughts: To The Girl In The Mirror
To the girl who deletes selfies.
To the girl who only wears black to "hide."
To the girl who thinks she has to be smaller to be loved.
I see you. And I’m writing this to you.
You don’t have to be loud to be worthy.
You don’t have to be perfect to be pretty.
You don’t have to wait to feel good in your skin.
Wear the baby blue. Take the selfie. Post it or don’t. But don’t erase yourself.
The world needs your softness. Your curls. Your story.
We need more people who are brave enough to be gentle.
Thank you for reading this far. Comment below: What’s one soft thing you’re going to do for yourself this week? Mine is buying flowers for my room 💙
And if this helped you, send it to a friend who needs to hear it too.
---
Outfit Details:
Top: Baby blue off-the-shoulder sheer chiffon crop top
Bottom: High-waist white denim shorts
Accessory: Gold initial "A" necklace
Hair: Platinum blonde natural curls
Setting: Bedroom, morning natural light
A 1000-word post on self-love, baby blue fashion, platinum curly hair care, body neutrality, and taking at-home selfies. Real talk on confidence and softness.
#SelfLove #BodyNeutrality #CurlyHairCare #BabyBlueAesthetic #OffTheShoulderTop #AtHomeSelfie #SoftLife #PlatinumBlonde #PlusSizeFashion #ConfidenceJourney

No comments:
Post a Comment