Thursday, 3 September 2026

The Art of Eating Alone - And Why Last Night Was The Best Dinner I've Had in Months 🍝✨


The Art of Eating Alone - And Why Last Night Was The Best Dinner I've Had in Months 🍝✨

Let me be honest with you. For the longest time, I was that girl who would never eat alone at a restaurant.


I thought people would stare. I thought it would look... lonely? Sad? Like I didn't have anyone to go with?


Last night, I decided to prove myself wrong. And oh my God, I'm so glad I did.


I booked a table for one at that little Italian place downtown that I've been wanting to try for months - you know, the one with the dim lights, the velvet chairs, and the candles on every table. The place that always looks so romantic from the outside.


I got dressed up for MYSELF. Not for a date. Not for anyone else. I put on my favorite emerald green satin top, my little gold "A" necklace, did my hair big and curly the way I like it, and I walked in there like I owned the place.


The host smiled and said, "Just one?" And I said, "Yes. Just one. And I'm going to have the best time."


And I did.


I ordered the spaghetti pomodoro. The one you see in this picture. It came out steaming, with fresh tomatoes, basil, and that smell... you know that smell when real Italian food comes to your table and you just KNOW it's going to be amazing?


For the first 10 minutes, I was on my phone. Out of habit. Scrolling, checking messages. Then I stopped. I put my phone face-down and I just... ate. Slowly. Really tasted it.


I twirled the pasta on my fork. I watched people around me. A couple on a first date that was clearly going well. Two best friends laughing so hard they were crying. An older man reading a book with a glass of red wine. No one was looking at me thinking "oh, poor girl alone." Everyone was just living their own evening.


That's when it hit me. How much of our lives do we put on hold because we're waiting for someone else to do it with us?


How many dinners have I not had? How many movies have I not seen? How many trips have I not taken because I was waiting for a boyfriend, or a friend to be free, or for the "right time"?


USA culture tells us we always need to be with someone to be happy. But last night, sitting in that burgundy booth, with that perfect plate of pasta, I felt more at peace than I've felt in a long time.


Eating alone is not lonely. It's powerful.


It's you saying: "I deserve a nice dinner even if it's just me."

It's you saying: "My company is enough."

It's you saying: "I don't need to wait."


And can we talk about the food freedom? When you eat alone, you can order WHATEVER you want. No sharing. No "do you want to split something?" No judging if you want extra cheese or if you slurp your spaghetti a little too loud. I ate that entire bowl. Every single bite. And I enjoyed every second.


I think every woman in America should do this at least once a month. A solo date. Dress up, go somewhere nice, order what you love, and just be with yourself.


We spend so much time taking care of everyone else - our job, our family, our partners, our friends, our social media followers. When was the last time you took YOURSELF out?


So this is my challenge to you today:


This week, take yourself out. It doesn't have to be expensive. It could be coffee. It could be pasta like me. It could be a taco truck. But go alone. No phone for at least 30 minutes. Just you and your food and your thoughts.


I promise you'll learn something about yourself.


Last night I learned that I'm actually really good company. That I laugh a lot even when I'm alone. That I really, really love tomato spaghetti. And that I don't need to wait for anyone to give myself a beautiful evening.


If you've ever had a solo date, tell me your story in the comments. Where did you go? How did it feel? I want to read every single one.


And if you've never done it, would you try it? What's stopping you?


P.S. For all the girls asking - my top is from Zara last season, and my necklace is from Etsy. And yes, I will drop my full self-care solo date routine + my favorite affordable date night looks on my blog soon at story8s.blogspot.com - so many of you asked for it after my last post!


With love and a very full belly,

A


#SoloDate #SelfLove #FoodieGirl #PastaLover #DinnerForOne #USALifestyle #SelfCareJourney #WomenEmpowerment #ItalianFood #EatAlone #ConfidenceIsBeautiful #AmericanDream #LifeInUSA #FoodBlogger #HealingJourney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post Top Ad

Your Ad Spot

Pages

olive

Best Free and Premium Blogger Templates Provider.

Buy This Template